Monday, July 30, 2007

My first QUILT!!!

I'm so proud of myself. I decided to make a quilt, and I did. From start to finish, it took less than two weeks... and that was with the last week spent dilly dallying on the tying off. Okay, so the piecing only took 3 days, but it was fun. Yeah, it would look better *actually* quilted, but as it turns out, I didn't quite know how to do that.

This is a lap quilt for use in our media room, built of 4" X 4" squares of flannel fabric, and backed with a cotton blend, tied off with black embroidery thread. I'd love to know if you love it, and I think I'm tough enough to hear if you hate it.







5 comments:

Michele said...

The quilt is adorable! My first one was tied, then I just bit the bullet and started machine quilting them....it's addicting...

Lynn - aka PinkPolkaDotPoodle said...

Thanks pandys!

Shannon said...

Very nice first quilt! I just finished my first quilt (and promptly blogged about it) today. :)

Jodi @ Happy House Quilts said...

well done!!!

Anonymous said...

This is really cute!! I've never tied a quilt but have often wanted to, but went for the speed of machine quilting. Great Job!!