Friday, October 5, 2007

Kitchen before and after

Progress report.

Kitchen cleaned.

Counters decluttered, items put in proper places, not just into a pile in a different room.

Four loads of laundry done.

Meg is about halfway done with her room.

I appreciate all the amazing suggestions, even from those who don't sound quite as positive, to my ear. :-)

I do feel the need to reiterate that my home is, for the most part, lovely. We have an ongoing struggle with clutter. We have a habit of using the guest room as a catch-all. I'm fairly certain this doesn't constitute bad parenting. :-) I deputized you to keep me accountable, and I do appreciate it. Keep it coming. Your support is making me feel much more able to get it done in a timely manner.

And yes, five minute breaks to post and look at the fora are part of the motivation, so I think I will continue to do so.

Photographic evidence takes me seconds, and is helping me to stay motivated.

Different people respond to different methods, I know how much I need positive reinforcement and well, nagging, which is why I asked for it.

Kitchen at 12:30pm.

Kitchen at 2:30pm.



Kitchen counters before.



And after.

I think I may take all the stuff off the fridge, to really clean up the look of the room. But, I have to figure out a way to organize the stuff on the clips. All the paperwork has separate clips, one for me, for hubby, and one for each daughter.

Perhaps folders in the cabinet?

No comments: